Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nicknames

As a huge fan of the show Seinfeld and an even bigger fan of George Costanza, I fondly remember the episode in which George wants a nickname. Not just any nickname but the nickname "T Bone" infact. It's interesting how people get tagged with certain nicknames. It's one of those things you don't really get to choose for yourself, though some of us may try to influence it a bit (like George!).

I guess my main nickname would be Wiffy because Matt is just too cool to use "Wifey" like most people-I much prefer Wiffy any day! Matt, however, has a million nicknames. Some I'm sure he would be too embarassed for me to type out here, and I'm sure are quite embarassing when I yell them when we are in the middle of Walmart.

The boys have quite a few nicknames as well.

Matthew AKA:
Buddy (a nickname both the boys share)
Daffew
Daff
Dafferoni
Daffinator
Stink

Riley AKA:
Buddy
Smiley Riley
Rye Rye
Ryes
Rye
Riley butt

Those are the main nicknames we have, but I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting as I'm typing this. All of these names came about for different reasons but most of them came from the songs I make up about the boys. Now, the cats are getting in on it and if I sing to get the boys out of bed their cats will come in the room and try to wake them up!

I wonder if on Matthew's graduation day I'll still be calling him Dafferoni...I hope so :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment