Thursday, April 1, 2010

My two sons


If someone would have told self proclaimed "indoor girl," me that I would end up having two sons, well I guess that wouldn't have shocked me all that much. However, if someone told self proclaimed "indoor girl," me that I would end up having two sons and enjoying the dirt, mess, outdoors, bugs, and general grossness that comes along with having little boys...now that might have shocked me. Now here I am with 7 and 4 year old sons and loving everything about it. I truly believe that I was meant to have boys so not only could I give them the best parts of me, but they could bring out things I never would have otherwise known about myself. Some of the biggest things have been that I never would have known just how much gross unidentified liquids or bugs placed in my hand, or grass stained clothes I could handle if it weren't for my boys :-).
Still, I'm not deprived of doing so called "girly" things that I enjoy. Infact Riley loves to make crafts and jewelry with me and he loves to watch me put on my make up. Matthew is great to take along to the craft store when you need to pick out what color to use or which project to make and he enjoys listening to mommy's music. Of course they both always have an opinion of what I should do with my hair...cut it or leave it long, keep the red or maybe go for a change?

I have opened myself up to many new things because of the boys. Through that we've been able to find things we all enjoy doing as a family like fishing, something I never would have thought to do or even thought I could do.


So, I may still be a pretty girly "indoor girl" that loves sparkles, purple, and jewelry, but thanks to the boys I can also get dirty and be gross with the best of them.


one of the many songs for the boys and Matt but I think it fits us perfectly:

No comments:

Post a Comment