Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home Projects

Recently I got it in my head that redoing the bathroom would be a great idea. I think I had forgotten that I had just gotten over being sick for 3 weeks straight when this bright idea entered my brain. Still, I made my way to "Ambridge Do It Best!" and got the paint and supplies and started on the hole in the wall known as "the bathroom". The reason I originally referred to the bathroom as a hole in the wall is because before I took on this project I had attempted "fixing up" the bathroom before. I took the wallpaper off and painted the walls. Actually, I can't really say I painted the walls because I really only painted one of the walls. So for the last few years the bathroom has been a big mess of an unfinished project. Now, I definitely have a mound of excuses...I mean reasons...why the bathroom never got finished but this time I knew if I started it I would have to finish it. So, I decided that what was lacking in my first attempt at fixing the bathroom was a plan. This time around I came up with a plan and a design and believe it or not about 2 weeks after starting the bathroom project it was pretty much done. There are still a few things that need to be done, mainly the cubby holes need to be painted and repapered. Still, it's definitely a real room now and no longer that hole in the wall that looks not even half finished. The plan was simple: since Matt is gracious enough to let me fill the rest of the house with my wizard of oz, purple, and cat obsessions, he deserved a space that he could enjoy...granted it's the bathroom, but still it's a room right? So..the plan was to turn the bathroom into a Steelers theme bathroom. It looks great and the boys and Matt love it! These are just a couple pictures showing some of the things I did. The best part is that I was able to use 2 of the presents that Matthew gave us for Christmas (he picked them out all by himself at his school's Santa Shop) so it's extra special!


No comments:

Post a Comment