Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yet again, I am extremely behind in updating here.  Why hasn't anyone yelled at me yet? Joking of course!  Well, a lot has happened since the last time I updated here.

I have a new nephew!!!  His is so cute!!!  His name is Nathan and Matthew and Riley just love him.  Matthew seems a lot more interested in him and Riley is more cautious.  I can't wait for them to teach him how to play baseball and how to fish!  There are going to be some really fun times ahead for the three of them!  I wish that we were able to see him more than we have been able to see him so far.  Hopefully that will change.

We got a puppy!  His name is Cullen and he is an English Cream Retriever.  For this "crazy cat lady" adjusting to a puppy has been an adventure for sure!  Cullen is very well behaved though he does do the usual puppy things of course.  He is smart and a quick learner.  The best thing is that because of Cullen I have started taking walks around the neighborhood which is really good for me and I hope to really get into it and try to feel more fit.  Cullen loves the boys and daddy but he is a mommy's boy for sure which I find hilarious since I  have always been the cat lady.  I think it's because I am the one with him the most..or maybe I just smell like food hahaha.

School is officially over and I am so happy to say that summer vacation is in full swing!  I love summer vacation.  I love having my kids home and I love being able to go places and do fun things with them.  They both did very well in school this year and I am so proud of them both! I really can't believe that I will have a fifth grader and a second grader come the end of August.  Crazy!

We are currently enjoying baseball season.  I look forward to baseball so much.  I love to watch them play!!!

Summer also brings fishing!!! Our favorite family activity!!!  I hope that we get to go a lot this summer!  Matthew and Riley were in a kid's fishing derby not too long ago and Riley won the casting contest for his age group! He was very proud!! I keep a record of all the fish we catch and I have been doing so since 2010.  So far this year Matthew is in the lead, I have competition!!

We have been lucky enough to attend two Pittsburgh Pirate games this season.  So exciting!! My baseball boys really loved it!!!  We had such a great time at both games!!  We went on kid's day Sunday both times and the boys got to run the bases after the game, what a thrill!!!

All in all it's shaping up to be a very busy but very fun summer! I hope that everyone else has a great summer as well!! I will try to be better about updating here..TRY being the key word :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment